FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How long have you been in business?
We started doing business on the 1st of May 2010.
- What cameras do you use?
All our photographers use Canon 5D Mark III or IVs and our videographers Canon 6Ds.
- How many people are on you team?
We currently have 8 people on our team.
- Can we visit your studios?
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate clients at our work space, however, if you'd like to setup a meeting with us, arrangements for that can certainly be made elsewhere.
- How many weddings can you cover on a day?
We can cover up to 3 weddings with photography and 3 for videography. We have 3 different teams, photos lead by Natasha, Madi or Nelani and video lead by Markus, Ruan or Jaconette. All our first shooters have been with us for many years and have shot a minimum of a 100 weddings.
- Do you only shoot weddings?
Definitely not, we have covered a variety of other events including school functions, medical functions, corporate events, 21sts, kitchen teas, matric farewells...almost anything you would like covered, we're up to the challenge.
- Do you offer any other services, besides photos and videos?
Not currently, but we have some things in the works, check this space ;-)
- How much are your deposits?
We require a 25%, non-refundable, booking fee.
- Non refundable? Does that mean that if you cancel on us, we still lose our money?
Definitely not, if for unavoidable reasons we are forced to withdraw from your event, we will immediately refund any deposits that you paid out. The booking fee is only non-refundable if the cancellation came from your side.
- Do you offer payment plans?
Monthly payment plans can be organised, yes.
- By when do you need our deposit?
As we do work on a first come, first serve basis, we recommend our clients to pay their booking fees as quickly as possible, to avoid disappointment.
- What happens if our wedding is cancelled and we no longer need your services?
If this happens, you unfortunately forfeit your 25% booking fee. Any other payments you may have made on top of that, will be refunded.
- What happens if you cannot make our wedding?
If your specific team cannot make your wedding, it will be reassigned to another Boland Weddings team. This will have no impact on the quality of your product.
- Do you out source your editing?
No, we do not. All our editing is done in house by only Natasha and Markus.
- Do you require meals at a wedding?
Each team member requires one meal at the reception (except if Markus is doing your wedding, he
doesn't seem too fussed).
- Do you require accommodation?
We require accommodation only if the venue is more than a 2 hour drive from Stellenbosch.
- Do your packages include travel?
All our packages include a travel allowance of 120kms (both ways).
- How far are you willing to travel?
If you're happy to carry the extra expenses, we'll travel anywhere ;-)
- Do you ship overseas?
Yes we do.
- Do your packages include shipping?
All our packages include a shipping allowance of up to R300, anything above R300 will, unfortunately,
be billed to the client.
- What happens if our package gets lost during the shipping process?
If your package is lost, we will replace it with no extra costs to you.
- Who is responsible for import tax, if applicable?
Boland Weddings cannot be held liable for any form of import tax, so that expense falls to the client.
- We heard that you pay commission on referrals, is this true?
This is 100% true, any old client referring Boland Weddings to new clients will receive 6% of the sale, once the booking fee has been received. PLEASE NOTE: this offer does not extend to discounted packages.
- Do you offer discounts if we use you for photos and videos?
Yes we do, you will get 10% off your video, if you use us for both services.
- Do you visit the venue beforehand?We do, if the venue is within a reasonable driving distance of Stellenbosch.
- Do you shoot table photos with the guests at each table?
If this is something that you require, we will happily do so.
- What is a fun corner?
It is a backdrop setup with props where guests can pose for fun photos.
- What happens if it rains on our wedding day?
Depending on the extent of the rain, we may still be willing to do it outside, or if this deems impossible, the couple shoot can be moved inside. If clients are unhappy with this solution, arrangements can be made to do the couple shoot on a later date at no additional cost.
- Can you customise packages?
Yes we can.
- May we choose the location of our engagement or couple shoot?
You are more than welcome to do so, yes.
- Do you do canvases?
Although none of our packages include any, we are certainly able to provide this service.
- What is your shooting style, documentary or cinematic?
Somewhere in the middle, although we do tend to lean more towards a documentary style.
- Are your videos filmed in HD?
Yes, all our videos are filmed in full HD.
- What's the difference between your video Essential and Director's Cut Packages? The full length edit of the Essential only includes the ceremony and speeches, while the Director's Cut runs consecutively from the bride and groom getting ready until the end of formalities.
- Do your packages include drones?Our Universal Package includes 2 hours of drone footage, alternatively, it can be added to any of our packages at a set rate of R1500/hour.
- May we request our own music choices for the video?
You are more than welcome to do so, yes.
- Do your video packages include messages from friends and family?Our Universal package includes this, yes, although it can be added to your Director's Cut, as long as it's worked into the day's timeline.
- What is your Bride-of-the-Month contest?
Our Bride-of-the-Month contest is our way of honouring our past clients. Every month a different team member gets to choose a couple, whose wedding truly stood out for them. The chosen couple walks away with a free couple, family, maternity or trash-the-dress shoot.
- How do I know if I qualify to enter your Bride-of-the-Month competition?
If any member of the Boland Weddings team did your wedding photos or videos from 2010 - present, then you are welcome to enter.
- How do we enter your Bride-of-the-Month contest?
Entering is extremely simple, simply comment on our Facebook page that you would like to be considered or you can drop us a direct message or email.
- What happens if we are unable to make our shoot?
The photos and video for Bride-of-the-Month is published online, every month on the 14th. Couples will have until, latest, the 10th of that month to claim their shoot. If they are unable to do so, they will unfortunately forfeit their win and another couple will be selected.- When is the new winners selected?We announce the name of the new winners every month on the 15th.